Monday, October 27, 2008

Little Monkeys and Tiny Guitars

Yesterday I rediscovered how much I love nature. Now, I'm not one to spend every possible moment outside, but I do love the serenity and peace of God's creation. And I have really missed spending time outside in nature. This may sound weird coming from someone who lives 30 minutes from the beach. I guess by 'nature' I mean trees and plants and other such greens. You know, the kind of nature you'd find in my part of Arkansas. Lately I've had strong urges to go for a bike ride, go hiking (oh Mt. Nebo how I miss your closeness), or just take a walk in a peaceful place. But I can't. It's hard to do so when you live in a city of a million without a car. Or so I thought.

Enter Parque dad Dunas, a.k.a Dunes Park. With its trees, trails, music, and monkeys, it makes my heart smile. So now that I have my own bit of familiar nature, I don't miss Arkansas as much. (No dear loved ones in Arkansas, that does not mean I miss you any less.)

I want to give you a glimpse into the greatness that is Parque das Dunas. Since I forgot my camera, my fellow LST intern Cris graciously agreed to allow me to copy her pictures from Facebook to have as my very own. Cris, I and both of my blog readers thank you. Now for the pictures.


A mama with her baby.
Notice the baby clinging on
to it's mother for dear life.
Well, when mom is jumping from tree
branch to tree branch, your life does
depend on your grip.



Another monkey. Just chilling in the tree. Or preparing to pounce on some prey.



Meet Diogo, lead strummer of the non-singing musical group "Diogo Guanhabara and Macaxeira Jazz." He got down on the mandolin. Charity, this one is for you.



Say hello to his little friend.
Diogo's rocking the baby guitar.









So, when would you like to enjoy the music and monkeys of Parque das Dunas?

No comments: