Monday, October 13, 2008

Growth before birth

I think I've mentioned this before, but just in case you forgot, I'm going to tell you again why I like living here longer-term. Growth and development. It may sound like I'm talking about a fetus or a toddler. Not exactly. I'm talking about adults. They just happen to be at the fetus stage of their Christian walk. The seeds have been (and are being) planted. Now we're watering them and hoping to see signs of faith and commitment begin to grow. And I am thoroughly enjoying the fact that I get to watch it all unfold. Witnessing this growth is one of the greatest blessings in life.

Yesterday, one of my readers, who has studied with 2 other LST workers since starting in June, began to study the Bible in Portuguese with one of the church members!!! He has been interested for a while and has participated in many activities with God's people here. I knew it was just a matter of time. So, of course, I was very anxious to find out how the study went. I didn't have to wait long. During our reading session tonight, he told me that during the Bible study he learned that every kind of knowledge could be found in the Bible. He said it with such wonder and amazement and excitement that it made me love and respect the Bible all over again. It made my heart very happy. I'm really excited to see this reader grow in his knowledge of the Bible and his love for Jesus. And what a joy it will be to see him some day become a beautiful baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lacy...I'm glad things are going so well. We keep praying for you and can't wait to see what God does in the coming months!