Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I love Natal

Well, blogreaders, I promised you a post about the people at my church here in Natal. This is not it. Sorry. It's still in the works. But I will (hopefully) get it posted before I leave. Speaking of, I have only about a week left here. It's so sad and so weird to think I'll be leaving soon. This is my home now and has been for a year. I will miss so many things about this place. What things? So glad you asked. I actually have a little list for you. Enjoy! :D

What I will miss about Natal:

• My readers
• My Monday and Wednesday night group class
• All of the people at Comunidade de Cristo
• Confraternização
• Wednesday night prayers
• Cheek kisses (seriously!)
• Açai
• Not having to worry about ticks/chiggers/snakes
• Being 30 minutes from the beach (ok, so I hardly took advantage of this, but I'll miss having the option to travel only 30 mintues to the beach)
• My new apartment
• Adventures on the Onibus
• Churrasco
• Speaking and hearing Portuguese
• Being able to use “I didn’t understand what you said” as a legitimate excuse
• Not worrying about Mother Nature
• Dividing the prices in the stores by 2 to get the amount in dollars
• Thursday lunch at Roberto and Marisa’s house
• The apartment buildings
• Being able to cross the street anywhere, not just at crosswalks
• Being able to cross only half the street at a time without fear of being run over
• Strawberry flavored Kapo
• Aerobics at Caic
• Midway Mall
• Suco de Manga, Caja, Acerola, Maracuja (fruit juice)
• Mangoes and their trees
• Guarana
• Aki Tanda (where I buy my fruit)
• Nescau chocolate milk
• The familiar sites and sounds of Natal

Well folks, there you go. That's not the complete list, of course, just what I've been able to think of and remember to write down. I love this city more than I could ever express with words. My heart is overflowing with thanks to God for this opportunity and hope that He will allow me to return (hopefully soon!) (at least for a visit). I am seriously going to miss this place and the precious, wonderful people.

"Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, You are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast."
~Psalm 139: 7-10

1 comment:

Carol Lima said...

The best thing I can say about this post is "Ooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww!!" I'm so glad you're happy like this!! We all here in Natal love you very much and we're gonna miss you too!
Your presence here was a blessing, so I hope God blesses you very much too, dear! See you on wednesday!!