Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cold? What does that feel like?

Thanks to CNN and Facebook, I’ve noticed that the majority of the USA is suffering from a bad case of winter. Lately, every time I check up on my Facebook friends’ statuses, someone (usually several someones) mentions how much they either hate or love ice/snow. I find it funny because I’m sitting down here in the southern hemisphere melting in the intense heat and sunshine. It’s at least 75 degrees by 7 am. Right now, it’s almost 7 pm, and it’s 81. I can get a good tan (or sunburn) just by walking the 1 block from my apartment building to the church building. Yes, the sun is that strong. So, definitely no ice problems in my part of the world anytime soon!! Thank you equator.

Christmas is only 9 days away. Wow! Like our Christmas décor?
















I’ve been enjoying some good Christmas music lately about winter wonderlands, chestnuts on open fires, and sleigh rides. It’s been nice. A little weird to hear that while sweatin' like a stuck pig, but nice. However, I can’t stand to listen to “Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.” Why you ask? Well, because although it’s Christmas time, it hardly feels like it. Mostly because it’s so HOT, and I’m used to cold weather in December (I miss cold weather a little bit, ok a lot.). Right now, I don’t know what my Christmas plans are, but I do know that they’ll probably involve either the beach or the pool and a great tan. Woo hoo! Again, thank you equator.

Yesterday, Greg and Cyndi left Natal after three months of work to go to Panama City to spread the Good News there. Once again, our team is separated (We were all supposed to be here in Natal for one year but the Brasilian government waited until three months after I arrived to give them a one month visa and a two month extension). I will miss them terribly. They are wonderful, funny, dedicated workers in the Kingdom and have been very special to me for several years. They are deeply committed to knowing Jesus better and sharing His message with others. While not our first choice, I know their move is part of God’s plan. They will bless everyone they meet in Panama. Who knows why God worked things out this way? It was very hard for me to understand at first, but the Lord has taught me that He is in COMPLETE control of EVERYTHING (which is always a hard lesson for me to learn, as you know if you know me well) and has perfect plans for His Kingdom. Proverbs 19:21 and Isaiah 55:8-9 have taught and comforted me in the last few months.

Me, Greg, and Cyndi as we trained to move to Brasil (taken sometime early last year)



One more thing before I end this post. I have good news! One of my readers will start a Bible study in Portuguese tomorrow!!! Praise God! His Word is working mightily, and your prayers are being answered. Please continue praying for my readers, that the Words they have read will stay in their hearts and on their minds as they head into the holidays and begin their summer vacation.

Thank you for reading my blog! At least, I think people read my blog. I wouldn’t know. I hardly ever receive comments (hint, hint). Have a blessed week!

3 comments:

James said...

Lacy, I subscribe to your blog, check it daily and read every new post. Keep up the good work you are doing!
James Strother

Michael Dodson said...

I wait on pins and needles for the each installment. I check everyday. Sorry for so few comments, I will try to be better at leaving more. ;)

Monica Buxton said...

Lacy, I love reading your blog and do so every few days or so. Sorry I haven't left you any comments!! I'm so proud of you and the wonderful work you are doing for the Lord. What kind of food is eaten at a traditional Brasilian Christmas Eve dinner? Have a great Christmas day at the beach! That sounds great!