Friday, July 25, 2008

What a week!

Oh. My. Goodness. This has been the best, craziest, busiest week of my stay in Brazil. (Granted, it is only the 3rd week. But it was crazy busy nonetheless.) I counted, and I have 14 readers, which is more than I should have considering I'll be taking some of Ryan's when he leaves. But I do have some really great readers! I also got to go furniture shopping and now have a new bed and a closet!!!! I got a great deal on them too. Now my clothes will have a place to live. Til now, they've been hanging out on top of suitcases, the bed, and anywhere else I can put them. It will be really nice to have everything organized (someday). All I need now is a desk and my room will be complete.

Last night, Ryan and I had our first LST party. It was awesome! The theme was an Ice Cream Social. I started by explaining what an ice cream social is. Then we played the Human Knot Game, where people stand in a circle and randomly grab hands then have to undo themselves and remake a circle. We played twice. It was great. Then we played my favorite game, Hand to Foot. It was SO FUN!!!! Then we taught them to chant "I scream. you Scream. We all scream for ice cream!" Once they mastered that, we brought out the ice cream. We had Neopolitan ice cream with sprinkles bought in the States, small gummy things, and chocolate and caramel sauces as toppings. It was de-licious! While we ate ice cream we just talked with our readers. Everyone loved the games and the ice cream. It was an amazing night. Afterwards we went to a nearby burger stand with some readers and ate the best burgers in the world (no offense Chris Buxton). And now I'm completely worn out. Today is going to be a day of rest. It's a perfect day for that since it's raining and has been all morning.

God is so good!!! He is here, working, and has been for a long time. Please continue to pray for us as we share His Word with some very special people. Someday soon I'll tell you more about them. For now, just lift them up in prayer. Thank you!

With lots of love from Brazil,
Lacy

No comments: