Monday, June 4, 2007

Change is good!

I had one of the most amazing conversations today with a reader that I've ever had on an LST project. We were talking about how John the Baptist wanted to encourage people to change by telling them the Good News. I asked her how she has changed over the course of her life. She answered, then asked me the same thing. God opened the door wide for me to tell her why I decided to give my life to Christ and become His disciple. I shared with her what my life, feeling, and thoughts were before I became a Christian and how I have changed for the better since then. It turns out that we have had a lot of the same experiences, thoughts, and feelings. She was shocked to hear parts of my story, and I was shocked to hear some of hers. We were both shocked that we had so much in common. She told me that she thought that God had put me in her life to help her with some of those things. I am so amazed at how God works! He can use our weaknesses for His good and touch someone's heart with our lives in order to bring them closer to Him. It's breath-taking! I can see Him working so much in the lives of my readers as well as the others' readers. I cannot wait to see what God will do next!

I'll leave you with something my reader, my friend, said today (and this is pretty much a direct quote): "If we want to change the world, first we have to change ourselves." The best way to do this is through the cross of Jesus Christ.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I am so glad that God is using you in such powerful ways! He is amazing, isn't he? Keep up the good work--you're always in my prayers! :)

Cris said...

hey lacy, leslee gave me your blog address so i hope it's ok that i've been keeping up with you guys since you've been in natal! you have been in my prayers since the day you arrived, and looking at your pictures literally made my heart jump. please say hi to my friends there and i pray that God will continue to bless your project.
-Cris Carpenter