Saturday, May 19, 2007

Hello all!

Welcome to my blog! In 31 hours I will begin yet another great adventure for the Lord. This time He has sent me to Natal, Brazil, a city in the Northeast of the largest country in South America. It is right on the Atlantic Ocean. I am working with a ministry called Let's Start Talking. Our team is from the Church of Christ Student Center at Arkansas Tech University. We are five people with a desire to serve God and tell others about His unending love and amazing grace. We will spend six weeks in Natal giving English conversation lessons using the book of Luke from the Bible.

This is my third summer to do this, and I love it! I have traveled to Tijuana and Mexico City, Mexico, and Lima, Peru, with this ministry. And I hope to continue doing this work for as long as the Lord allows. I am really looking forward to seeing how God works this summer and how He uses us to accomplish His will! I know He has already been working in my life, the lives of my teammates, and the lives of those who we will soon meet in Brazil.

I hope you enjoy reading my posts, and I would appreciate your prayers for a safe flight. Welcome to this exciting adventure!

Grace and peace be with you all
2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

2 comments:

Suzanne Allen said...

Hi, Lacy! We're looking forward to following along with you on this trip. And let me know when in October you'll be in Memphis - we definitely want to see you!

Love, Suzanne & Walter

heff said...

HEY,
DAD SAYS HI!!!!!!!!!
SORRY TOOK ME SO LONG TO CHECK YOUR BLOG I MISSED UP OUR COMPUTER THE OTHER NITE, YES I'M DEAD!!!!!!
I'M WORKING ON YOUR LAPTOP.
SOUNDS LIKE THIS IS A REAL NICE PLACE. HEY YOU HAVE INSURANCE. MISS YOU AND BE SAFE. CAN'T WAIT TO READ MORE ABOUT YOUR DAYS IN BRAZIL.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH
DAD