Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Just a Simple Reflection

I'm suppose to be going to sleep right now. But I chose instead to update my blog. Lucky you!

"Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household" Ephesians 2:19 (NIV)

This verse brings joy to my heart! I recently read it in my daily reading and then heard it read publicly. (Isn't it amazing how that happens sometimes? It's even more amazing when it just so happens to be the exact verse you need at the exact time you need it.) It has so much more meaning for me now than it ever has. I am a foreigner, literally. Being a foreigner is not easy. Having surroundings you know and understand, a place you can feel fully connected, is an invaluable gift, more precious than we usually realize. When you are in a place that is unfamiliar and incomprehensible, you can feel vulnerable, lonely, and lost. And that's exactly how it feels to live without God. Thankfully, because of His grace and the sacrifice of Jesus, we are none of those things! We have a family and a place to belong, no matter where we are, what we're doing, or what is happening around and inside us. We belong to God's family. We are loved unconditionally. We have reason to hope genuinely and profoundly. And those are the best feelings in the world.

1 comment:

Cyndi said...

That's beautiful Lacy! Thank you!