Tuesday, May 19, 2009

FYI

Exactly one month from today, I will be leaving Natal. It is going to be unbelievably hard to say goodbye. Ok, that's all I'll say about that. I don't want any tears tonight.

Before I came to Brazil, I remember wondering What did people do without microwaves? I don't know what I'd do without one. Well, now I know. Live normally. I have learned in the last year that as long as you have an oven and a stove, microwaves are handy, but unneccesary. Now that we have one (though still in the box), I can't think of anything I'll cook in it. Popcorn? But I learned to cook that on the stove, and it's much better that way.

We have a new roommate. His name is Gus Gus, and, though he isn't quite as cute as his namesake, he certainly isn't ugly. I met him the night he scampered from under my bed to behind my closet. He has been elusive, but we've spotted him in the living room, on the stove, and in the oven. We don't enjoy tiny droppings on our cabinets and utensils, so the little thing will soon be deceased. Poor Gus Gus.

Hopefully by the next time I post, we'll be in a new, bigger, Gus Gus-free apartment!

No comments: